Do you need to contact Dr. Heinz? Please go to this post.
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013, Dr. Matt Heinz, my brother, was appointed by President Obama to serve as a Director of Provider Outreach, in the Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs, part of the US Department of Health and Human Services.
I helped Dr. Heinz kick-off his bid for Congress in 2012 with the creation of the splash page for his campaign website. While he was not chosen for the congressional seat, his career path has moved in a positive direction and he started his new job in late June 2013.
Those of you who know my brother will understand why he has also chosen to continue his work as a hospitalist in Tucson, Arizona a couple weekends per month while serving as a Director. Dedication and commitment are two words that come to mind.
Here are links to articles about this exciting new job opportunity for Dr. Heinz, and might I say, Congratulations!
Update: A new personal website is in the works for Dr. Heinz — please keep in touch for launch!
The Huffington Post — Aug 1, 2013
- More on one aspect of Dr. Heinz’s new job is here, through a post by Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on the Huffington Post
- “LGBT Equality Means a Commitment to Health“
- PDF: LGBT Equality Means a Commitment to Health
Midland Daily News
Arizona Daily Star
Arizona Public Media
- “Heinz Takes DC Health Job“
- PDF transcript: Heinz Takes DC Health Job – Arizona Public Media
- MP3 Recording
- “Former state lawmaker selected to promote Obama Health Care Act”
- PDF transcript: Former state lawmaker selected to promote Obama Health Care Act _ KJZZ